- Japan’s population is estimated to be less than 1% Christian. ZOE is determined to share the Gospel with everyone we meet. Many Japanese are open to Christ when they learn about God’s love. ZOE is member of Japan Evangelical Missionary Association (JEMA).
- There are sophisticated and organized commercial sexual exploitation networks that target vulnerable Japanese women and girls through many means including abduction, force, and coercion.
- Immigrants and foreigners often come to Japan for the purpose of work.
- A large portion of child trafficking in Japan involves older men purchasing sexual favors or companionship from young girls through money and/or luxury gifts.
- In the last decade, the Japanese government has recognized the problem of human trafficking in their country. The Japanese Network Against Trafficking in Persons (JNATIP), has been instrumental in their lobbying efforts to get policy changes made on the government level. In 2005, human trafficking was declared illegal in Japan!